i know...it's been FOREVER since i posted. it almost seems crazy to try to go back. but, i had been planning this post for a long time. i made a point of taking certain photos so this is where i'll start to get back into the swing of "blogging".
lots of days i miss my favorite things...many of which sit in lynden. i have learned that embracing my life here didn't mean having to let go of there. so, i just thought i'd share some things that have made for happy days here in calgary.
* demi's hair
* my fabulous new canister set...a gift from my sister in law. i LOVE her taste!
* crave cupcakes...made fresh at a few locations in calgary...the very best cupcake i've ever had...and by far the most expensive i've EVER purchased...TOTALLY worth it!
you are looking at almost $20 in mini cupcakes.
* my kitchen aid mixer...best christmas gift from my parents!!!
*note the cookies right beside it...that's my next favorite!
BEST OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP RECIPE:
3/4 cup butter/margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups oats
1 & 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or any kind you like. i've done craisins and white or butterscotch)
bake for 10 minutes at 350...yum!
* the calgary zoo. among many of the fabulous things calgary offers...it's one of my faves!
* who would have thunk it...yup, swim lessons ended up being one of many favorite things. i hated getting wet every week, hated getting into my suit each and every time for all 3 months....LOVED what it meant to my little girl. good enough to make my favorites list. ps. she enjoyed it with one of her favorite people...her little girlfriend, bronwyn.
* my favorites list wouldn't be complete without this..."BESTIES" coming for visits!!!
* in this pic we're eating at my favorite calgary restaurant, "open sesame". and a visit from the girls means i must take them to my other favorite spot...THE RANCHMAN!!!
dancing ranks way up on my list of favorite things to do!!! which explains why i'm the first one on the dance floor...BY MYSELF!!!
* last but not least...the new favorite addition to my life...yup, i'm in love!
ps. i'm sure in the near future i'll be adding a favorite things part #2, but for now i feel a little caught up. also, you are listening to one of my new favorite songs. chances are if you are reading this...you are one of my favortites, too.